AWAKE Peer Mentor Program!

ASAA is excited to announce the launch of our AWAKE Peer Mentor Program!

We are looking for experienced PAP users to join as Peer Mentors. Mentors will offer virtual, one-on-one support to new or struggling PAP users, helping them overcome any PAP hurdle they are facing. Mentors that meet the eligibility requirements, complete the required training, and pass a telephone interview may receive a $50 gift card. To learn more about the AWAKE Peer Mentor Program visit our website https://www.sleepapnea.org/peer-mentors/

Please note you will be asked to create a login on sleepapnea.org website. This is separate and different from your Forum login. We apologize that you need two logins for the same organization.

2 Likes

This is a wonderful program for anyone who wants to help new PAP users. You can make a difference by sharing your experiences and knowledge about using your PAP machine!

1 Like

Are you an experienced CPAP user? If so, you can help others and could get a $50 gift!

#COVID has changed the way patient support is delivered. If you are an experienced #CPAP user, you can virtually help #sleepapnea patients in need of help with their machine or mask. Learn about AWAKE Peer Mentor Program here https://bit.ly/3g9xrwR

This is a great idea. I hope a lot would join. I’m not sure if I’ve checked the link already, but will have a look later.

1 Like

I joined the program to get assigned a mentor. I honestly was not expecting it to be via phone which I don’t really prefer for communication with complete strangers. That and just not knowing my CPAP settings, machine, and such is kind of what turned me away. I was approved and have a mentor though.

1 Like

I am sorry to hear about your concerns regarding the AWAKE Peer Mentor Program. Due to COVID we are not able to provide face-to-face mentors. However all mentors have been trained through our program. If there is ever questions that your mentor is unable to answer you can always contact us directly by email: asaa@sleepapnea.org.

1 Like

Face to face isn’t something I’d wanna do anyway either covid or not. I just don’t like talking on the phone at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

I may still do it, but not really sure at this time.